Monday, August 26, 2013

Pizza Dough

This is the pizza dough we use when we make our pizza from home. With 3 boys at home we make pizza a lot! I actually have this recipe on a post it on the inside of my cabinet because I use it so often.

1t sugar
1 1/2c warm water
2 1/2 t yeast
2T olive oil
2t salt
3 1/2-4c flour

Mix sugar into warm water and add in yeast. Let it sit until foamy then add in olive oil, salt and slowly add in the flour. I use my kitchenaid with the dough hook, though you can do this by hand. Knead until it's a smooth dough.
Let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.
Divide into 2 pieces. Shape your pizzas and let rest for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Top with whatever you would like. I use a homemade red pizza sauce, bbq sauce or ranch mixed with some chopped garlic.
Bake for 15 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it and make sure it's solid all the way through the bottom.
We also use this recipe for pizza on the grill which has an even better flavor!

No comments: