Monday, August 26, 2013

Go-to Pancakes

I had thought I found the perfect pancake recipe a while back. It was good the first few times I made it but for some reason, after a while, every time I made them they were too thick and hard to eat without a gallon of syrup. So I went looking for a new recipe. I've now made this one a few dozen times (we have pancakes almost every Saturday morning). I can vouch for it's consistent perfection.

1 1/2 c milk
1/4c vinegar
2c flour
1/4c sugar
2t baking powder
1t baking soda
1t salt
2 eggs
1/4c butter
1t vanilla

Mix milk and vinegar in a measuring cup. Set aside to let "curdle."
In a larger mixing bowl stir together dry ingredients.
Stir in milk mixture and other wet ingredients.
Pour onto greased griddle for desired size. Flip over once they start looking cooked on the bottom size.
If you're making a large batch put on a cookie sheet in the oven at the lowest setting your oven has.

No comments: