Monday, July 4, 2011

Fruited Ice Cream

My friend from our time in Illinois had recommended a vanilla ice cream recipe I was really eager to try. I realized after reading through the recipe, though, that the eggs in it weren't cooked at all. For whatever reason I just can't bring myself to eat raw eggs intentionally (aside from a scoop of cookie dough or 2), so I ended up finding another recipe to try. We bought an ice cream maker last summer and used it several times so I figured we'd try a few new things this year. This recipe is not one that needs to be cooked before hand so it makes for a much shorter time of preparation. I used peaches in it that we had sitting around. I have a feeling I'll be using it with many other kinds of fruits before the summer is over, though!
2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
5 cups milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups chopped fruit (peaches, strawberries, blackberries, etc.)
  • Combine condensed milk, milk, cream, vanilla, salt and fruit in freezer canister of ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.

No comments: