Sunday, May 1, 2011

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies

I saw this recipe here and I knew I had to make these for Phil. He's a fan of most things "cookies and cream". Unfortunately, my cookies didn't really turn out anything like hers. I tried the dough warm and cold out of the fridge. I baked them longer and shorter and increased the temperature. No luck. My only other thought was I could have added more flour to try and firm them up but by then I was out of dough. Here's what I did anyway. They were pretty yummy even though they weren't as pretty and felt a little like there was something missing.



1 cup butter, at room temperature1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.Fold in chocolate chips and crushed oreos. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours (or more). When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, roll into balls or scoop with an ice cream scooper and set on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.

No comments: