Monday, May 9, 2011

Chocolate Cut Out Cookies- Star Wars Edition


It happened. I guess I should have known it eventually would.
We bought the ridiculously expensive Star Wars cookie cutters from Williams Sonoma. As much as I don't want to, I love this store! I have to admit, the cookies turned out awesome from our cutters. Much better than any regular shape cutter would have done! Here's the recipe I used and here's where I got it from.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup cocoa powder 

Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder in bowl and set aside. 
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa in mixer. Gradually add the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Roll out the cookie dough on floured counter. Use cookie dough cutters to cut into desired shapes.Bake on a lined baking sheet for 8 to 11 minutes (the former for 1/8-inch thick cookies, the latter for 1/4-inch cookies) until the edges are firm and the centers are slightly soft and puffed

No comments: