Friday, May 27, 2011

Baked Donuts

I finally found a baked donut recipe I liked. I tweaked it a little. I will probably continue to tweak it as I use it. This time I tossed in some chocolate chips to fulfill my "chocolate chip bake donuts" on my list. I frosted them with a thin ganache. If I were to make these again I would leave out the spices if I were using chocolate with it. The spices were good but it was too much with the chocolate. A powdered sugar glaze would be great on donuts with the spices included. I could also see substituting some of the milk with pumpkin in the fall. Yum!  

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon oil

    Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a doughnut pan.
    In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla and shortening. Beat together until well blended.
    Fill each doughnut cup approximately 3/4 full. Bake 15 or so minutes in the preheated oven, until doughnuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.

No comments: