Monday, January 10, 2011

Cream Cheese Banana Bread with Orange Glaze

I'm definitely an imperfect person. I have many, many faults. One of them is never being content with a recipe, even if it's absolutely delicious. That is what brought me to this recipe for banana bread. I'm really glad I kept trying different recipes, though. This one was delicious!
I found it at an Eat at Home website I found.
3/4c butter
8 oz. cream cheese
2c sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2c of mashed banana (about 4 bananas)
1/2t vanilla
3c flour
1/2t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1/2t salt
Cream the butter and cream cheese together in a mixer bowl. Mix in the sugar, then the eggs, bananas, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add them to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Pour into 3 well-greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes.

Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
2T orange juice

(The recipe called for 3 T but I found 2 to be sufficient.)

No comments: