Wednesday, June 9, 2010

BBQ Corn on the Cob

I have only BBQ'd a few times in my life on my own, but this is one my hubby and I have put together together and I just made it all by myself last night. We found it in our favorite BBQ cookbook. The past few years I have been growing a few of my own herbs in the backyard so I just go snip the basil from there. Doesn't get fresher than that!

1/4 c butter, softened
1/4c freshley grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2T finely chopped fresh basil
1/2t kosher salt
1/4t freshly ground black pepper
1/4t granulated garlic
4 ears of corn husked

In a small bowl, mash butter and all other ingredients aside from the corn together. Brush about 1 Tablespoon of the seasoned butter all over each ear of corn. Grill over direct medium heat until browned in spots and tender. 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve warm with remaining butter spread on the corn.


No comments: