Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tomato Soup


I never really had this that I remember growing up, but it did always seem comforting the thought of having this with grilled cheese, so the other night we made this version on our own and even the most critical in our family loved it!

1/2c chopped carrot
1/4c chopped celery
1T dehydrated onion (you can use fresh, but I didn't feel like crying involuntarily)
1 T olive oil
In medium saucepan, cook vegetables in olive oil for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Add:
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1 5.5 oz can of tomato juice
2t sugar
1/2t Italian seasoning
salt and peper to taste
Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Put half at a time in the blender and blend until smooth. You can add water to bring to desired consistency, but we liked it nice and thick. I can't believe I actually got Joshua to eat carrots!!

No comments: